HealthReach™ is a lifestyle management app that connects you to exercise programmes, diet control and regular vital health sign measurements. It is designed for people:
- Seeking to prevent and delay the onset of metabolic syndrome
- With metabolic syndrome and at risk of associated diseases
A combination of exercise and diet control is effective in alleviating and deferring the onset of metabolic syndrome, and can even reverse Type II diabetes.
Walking: An Ideal Exercise
- Suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels with lower risk of injury
- Well suited for contemporary busy lifestyles as it does not require any exercise gear or special equipment
- Anyone can simply start by taking a walk after dinner or getting off public transport a few stops earlier and walk
Benefits of Diet Control
- Better diet control helps maintain a healthy weight which reduces the chance of central obesity, a key underlying cause of metabolic syndrome
Importance of Regular Vital Health Sign Measurements
- Help detect early signs of a deteriorating health, and enable more timely mitigation action
- Conversely, you can also track your improvement at all times
- Research shows these measurements can effectively help patients rehabilitate*
HealthReach’s Key Features:
- Walking programme with both casual walks and tiered walking modules for all levels of ages and fitness
- Google Maps based Route Planner integrated with the walking programme – design your own walking routes anywhere in the world
- Calorie Reckoner adds up calories of common foods and dishes for better dietary control. Calorie intake exportable to Walk for Health for calculation of desired calorie burn
- Calendar with automatic reminders for vital health sign measurements, medication, medical appointment and exercise. Optional alerts to designated recipients
- Monitors and tracks vital health signs including blood pressure, blood glucose, body weight and ECG* data with NFC and Bluetooth connected health devices
- The measured data gets automatically uploaded to the app and onto the cloud storage
- If measured data exceeds the preset levels, instant highlight to user and automatic alerts to designated recipients
- All measurements and data can be viewed on a consolidated dashboard for tracking of trends
- Regular updates of health-related news and articles to enhance users' knowledge on health topics
* ECG measurement is currently available on Android smartphones
HealthReach™ can be used on iPhone, iPad (3rd generation or later) or iPad mini running iOS 7.1 or above and smartphones running Android™ 4.3 or above. It can be used on any 3G/4G cellular network and also on WiFi.
The measurement function is only compatible with designated iOS and Android™ devices equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 or above.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.